Port Chester New York Mold Removal Services 24/7 | We Work With All Insurance Carriers
Mold Removal Services. Black Mold Removal.
The growth of mold is silent but dangerous and is one of the worst contaminants known. Get rid of mold with mold removal, mold mitigation, and mold remediation services.
Indoor mold can grow on damp or wet surfaces such as wood and drywall, wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, and insulation material. Mold starts to grow in as little as 48 hours, and if left alone, it can have serious impacts on your health and your property's structure.
If you see or suspect mold in your home, we're ready 24/7 to eliminate the problem and prevent any further damage.
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- Infrared Mold Detection Technology
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- Certified IICRC Mold Remediation Technicians
- Local Mold Experts. Fairfield County. Westchester County.
- Trusted Leaders in Water Damage Restoration and Remediation Services
Professional mold removal and mold remediation require a specialized and comprehensive approach.
- We will remove the mold using EPA-registered products to clean surfaces like floors, countertops, and walls.
- In more extensive mold situations, we will help eliminate the mold completely by cutting away the damp drywall, sanding the wood and replacing if necessary.
- If your floors are affected, we'll dispose of and replace the carpet after floorboards are cleaned and sanitized.
We know how to identify and help eliminate the source of what has caused the mold, and implement the proper mold remediation processes in order to help prevent future mold growth.
Call Today or Contact Us to take action and get rid of mold.
Mold Removal Services
Mold FAQ's and Tips
Port Chester NY Mold Remediation, Mold and Mildew Removal Services
Mold Remediation Process
Mold Remediation Process
Mold removal, mold mitigation, mold remediation are interchangeable terms for the same processes.
Steps to Mold Identification and Removal Services
- Fix or stop the cause of moisture.
- Dry and clean impacted areas.
- Develop a remediation plan detailing the method, scope, time and controls to be used.
- Inform all parties impacted and determine if they need to be relocated.
- Impacted items need to be removed under negative pressure containment and in such a manner that does not contaminate clean areas.
- All items and materials that can be cleaned should be itemized along with the cleaning method.
- The HVAC system needs to be evaluated for impact and should be decontaminated if necessary.
- A visual examination should be made to ensure all visible contamination has been removed.
- Upon project completion, clearance sampling should be performed to ensure areas are safe for re-occupancy.
Black Mold Removal
Black Mold Removal Services
What is Black Mold?
People will often call any type of mold "black mold" because it's black.
"Stachybotrys chartarum also known as black mold or toxic black mold, is a variety of microfungus that produces its conidia in slime heads. It is sometimes found in soil and grain, but the mold is most often detected in cellulose-rich building materials from damp or water-damaged buildings."
Black Mold Removal Services
We are a back mold removal service, and help homeowners remove black mold from contaminated surfaces.
Call now, or contact us today to learn more.
Mold Removal Costs & Insurance
How much does it cost for professional mold removal services?
Your Insurance Coverage
Your insurance policy may cover mold remediation services, and we are a preferred services provider for most major insurance companies.
Be Aware. Service Provider Coverage
Nearly all contractors' insurance policies exclude mold.
Your contractor should provide proof of coverage with either an endorsement to his/her policy specifically stating mold remediation coverage or a separate pollution insurance policy.
We will gladly provide you with verification of our insurance coverage.
What is the average cost of mold remediation?
Mold is typically found in areas including crawlspaces, attics, and basements.
The cost of mold removal services can typically range from $500 to $4000 or more depending on the complexity of the problem and the length of time required to complete the removal process.
Mold Remediation Cost Estimates
The best way to understand what it will cost you for mold remediation services is to get a custom quote.
Call now or contact us today for a quick quote and custom services.
Homeowners insurance typically covers mold remediation services if the mold was caused by a "covered peril".
Insurance policies don't typically cover mold removal if the mold is a result of a preventable event including water leak, high humidity or flooding.
Can I be home during mold remediation?
The good news is that you do not need to leave your home during the mold removal or mold abatement process unless you want to.
How long does mold remediation take?
The typical mold removal and mold remediation process take 1 to 3 days with a full crew.
How long it will take depends on the extent of the mold you have, and the complexity of the process required in your unique situation.
How do you remove mold?
To remove dangerous mold from your walls, furniture, ducts or attics and basements you need to protect your self from contamination, and follow a disciplined process to prevent it's return or spreading.
If you think you have mold in your home or place of business, we suggest you call for an on-site consultation.
We can advise you on the best process, and give you a free price quote.
Act Fast. Mold can develop quickly in a flooded basement, withing 24 -48 hours.
Prevent mold from growing in your basement or home water damage including mold, mold growth, mold spores, and mold damages.
Mold can ruin home furnishings, and pose health problems for people with asthma, allergies, and compromised immune systems.
The problem is worst if the heating and/or air conditioning cooling system is affected.
You can use fresh bleach, which is effective for removing mold, but dealing with mold is not a do-it-yourself project for people with health issues, because prolonged exposure to bleach and chemicals may be harmful to people.
Health effects are a consideration when deciding whether to do it your self with visible mold, but access is another concern. Mold can grow inside the basement walls, and water vapor can cause mold in ducts and vents affecting air quality throughout the house.
If you don't have health problems, the following tips may help avoid a mold problem that can be diagnosed with mold testing and mold inspections.
Mold Removal and Mold Remediation
- Open doors and windows
- Clean up and dry the affected area or building
- Use fans and humidifiers
- Remove porous items that have been wet for more than 24 hours. Examples of porous materials include:
- Carpeting and padding
- Insulation materials
- Ceiling tile
- Some wood and wood products
- Clothing, leather
- Wood and wood products.
- Wear protective gear. You should cover your eyes, nose, and hands.
- Wear a respirator
- Wear goggles
- Wear gloves
- Clean surfaces and wet items using water and detergent, or bleach and water.
- Temporarily store damaged belongings outside the house until insurance claims are processed.
- Use a dehumidifier
- HVAC. Don't turn on the heating or air conditioning units if they were submerged in water, or could be contaminated.
Mold removal and mold remediation is an unpleasant process and a lot of work. ServiceMaster professional mold remediation technicians are trained and experienced in mold removal, mold prevention, and mold remediation services and can help you every step of the way.
Contact us today to learn more.
Can I remove mold myself?
Before removing mold, you should wear a facemask rated for mold spore protection, and cover your hands, arms, and legs.
Specific processes are required at each step to ensure the mold is eliminated and to prevent spreading.
Most people would rather not remove mold themselves, and benefit greatly from professional mold removal services.
Call today to schedule an appointment for professional mold abatement and mold remediation services.
Fast. Honest. Professional.
Welcome to ServiceMaster Superior Cleaning and Restoration serving Westchester and Fairfield Counties.
We've been proud to serve local homeowners and businesses since 1993. For professional cleaning services, from one-time deep-cleaning, scheduled cleanings or emergency water, and fire restoration services, we stop at nothing to please.
Customer Care Commitment
After decades of experience serving neighbors in emotional distress, our team of professionals are dedicated to delivering a remarkable customer service experience.”
Michael Vitti– Franchise Owner ServiceMaster SCI, Inc.
Demand the Yellow Van
WE STOP AT NOTHING™ Because the jobs not done until the jobs done right. ServiceMaster Superior Cleaning and Restoration is driven to provide exceptional results and pursue the highest standards of clean every time we enter your home or business.
We arrive within hours of any emergency.
Certified, Trained Technicians
Our technicians are trained specialists. Biohazard. Mold.
We Clean Everthing
From carpets and floors, to duct cleaning and mold remediation.
We use the most advanced equipment.
Eco-friendly products are available for routine processes.
Your satisfaction is our goal, every step of the way.